Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Simple Berry Smoothie.

I woke up this morning and felt like a car had rolled over my upper body. I am so sore! But in a good way :) On Thursday I took a BodyPump class and upped my weight on a few tracks, and then yesterday I took a BodyCombat class and really focused on pushing myself. It worked, because this morning my whole upper body was screaming at me.

My plans to go to the gym before I had to go into work were scratched and I hit the snooze button to catch a few extra zzzs instead.

After I woke up I whipped up this simple smoothie that was incredible. I wasn't expecting it to be this good!



Simple Berry Smoothie
serves 1

  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used the Whole Foods brand)
  • 1.5 cups frozen mixed berries
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
Just blend all the ingredients together and you have yourself a tasty breakfast or a post-workout snack. 



I also had a mini toasted whole-wheat bagel on the side. 

After I ate I had to work a 6-hour shift which left me feeling tired all over - but especially my feet!- since I can't sit down while I'm working. Throughout the day I snacked on a granola bar, greek yogurt, almonds, and a mini turkey tortilla wrap (all unpictured). 

Once I got off work I went to church and then came home to a delicious & easy dinner: salad, Amy's Split Pea soup, and a hunk of doughy multigrain nutty bread from Fresh & Easy (I'm really starting to love that store!) 



looks gross, tastes amazing

Dessert was an apple with peanut butter - my current favorite!



what was the last workout you did that made you sore? 

No comments:

Post a Comment