Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: a year filled with change

Before I get into the new year chat, I wanted to share some snapshots of the past few relaxing days that I spent in Carmel-by-the-sea with family. It is one of my favorite places to go for a short 3 day vacation and is beautiful there!
silliness in our hotel room ;)
fun 4-wheel bike ride in monterey! :)



It was such a fun and relaxing way to bring in the new year. 

Whenever I hear 2012, the first thing that pops into my head: graduating high school. This upcoming year is going to be one of the most adventurous and different years of my life - and I'm stoked!! 

what is going to happen in 2012? 
honestly, who knows? but these are a few of the things that i'm sure about :)

  • Graduation. Wowza! I'm pumped. 

  • Starting college in the fall. Where, I have no clue! But that's part of the fun/excitement right now. I can't wait to live in a new place, meet lots of new people, and have the time of my life.
    • I also want to commit to maintaining my (mostly) healthy lifestyle in college. I love eating well and exercising right and owe it to myself to keep it up!
  • I am going to be a counselor-in-training at the camp that I've been going to for years in Mount Hermon. I know those two weeks are going to be life-changing and that my relationship with God is going to grow enormously. 


what am I hoping will happen in 2012?

  • I want to finish my last high school track season strong! My only goal is to PR in the 1600m. I would love to break 5:30 but I know that's only gonna happen if I work really hard.
  • Another fitness goal for the upcoming year: keep up with strength training! I have been doing really well and I want to keep working hard so I don't lose any of the strength I've built up. 
  • Okay, last fitness goal here. I really want to try to make it to yoga once a week (or at least 2x a month).  I just went to a class a few days ago that absolutely kicked my butt since I haven't been since the summer. Yikes!
  • I want to improve my posts on the bloggie and try really hard to comment on more of my favorite blogs. I always keep up with them but never seem to find the time to comment - but I love getting comments on my posts! So that's a goal for this upcoming year.

I know it's going to be a crazy ride. And I know there's going to be lots of ups and downs. But all I have to say is bring it.

what are your goals/expectations for the upcoming year?



No comments:

Post a Comment