Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life Lately.

hey guys!!

i'm finally adjusting to being back on an actual schedule down in LA after 3 1/2 weeks of pure relaxation. i am loving being back here at my second home, though!!

these sunrises will never. get. old.
life lately, well, let's just say it's been pretty hectic. in a totally awesome way. i've been doing so many fun things with my friends (like going to a UCLA gymnastics meet, seeing les mis, going out for pizza & froyo, watching the bachelor together, and so much more!). i've met even more amazing people this quarter, and am just soaking up the blessing that my life is right now.

at the gymnastics meet!
i've been getting back into the swing of actually doing work - this quarter i'm taking the next chemistry & math classes in the series i'm in, and a religion class on judaism, christianity, and islam. i'm praying that i don't get murdered by the research paper i have to write.. cause this girl is not a writer!

i also applied for a job and after 3 interviews last week, i got it! i start training sometime next week and couldn't be more excited.

insert random photo of my current favorite outfit(:
on the workout front: remember how i said i was going to be doing best body bootcamp? well, i had the best of intentions when i signed up for the bootcamp - it's such a great way to kick off the new year. but, when i signed up, i kinda sorta forgot about the craziness that is the beginning of a new quarter. i also forgot how crowded the gym gets, and that my personality just doesn't quite go with doing solo workouts. i'm a group exercise girl through and through. i forgot how much i love my barbell class and if i did best body bootcamp, i wouldn't be able to take that class.

so instead of putting the pressure on myself to finish out the entire 8 weeks of the bootcamp (which is almost an entire quarter), i decided that it's just not for me right now. this isn't in any way saying that tina's program is anything but awesome (because trust me, the program is really great), but i didn't want to stress myself out about something that i don't need to be stressing about.

i'm going to save all the workouts from the program for another time in my life when i can really 100% commit to them. and i'm happy that i'm able to make that decision with 0 guilt.


and for now, well, let's just say that i'm IN LOVE with my intense functional training barbell class. it kicks my booty unlike anything else i've ever done. today we did a really great workout:
  • 5x3 snatch
  • 5 rounds of
    • 15 RDLs (romanian deadlifts)
    • 10 bent over rows
  • 100 burpees for time
it's safe to say that was one of the hardest workouts. ever. the instructors didn't tell us about the burpees until we'd put all of our weights away (silly me, thinking that we could be done). there was a 10 minute cap on the burpees and we just did them as fast as possible.

and HOLY CRAP THAT HURT. like hell. but i did in and finished in 7:59 - the first girl in my class to finish! i was so proud of myself. i can't wait to see how i improve by the end of the quarter!

walking back up to my dorm was quite the challenge, my muscles are so dead. i don't even want to think about tomorrow.

so right now, i'm putting myself through the pain of the stick:


and slurping up this yummilicious drink ($3 and ohsoworthit):


and somehow have a huge smile plastered on my face despite my level of exhaustion.

growin' dem muscles :-)
pretty sure that smile isn't gonna be there when i try and get out of bed tomorrow ;)

what's the hardest workout you've done lately?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the job. =)
    I understand your bootcamp situation. Sometimes, you have to know your priorities. At least you got in a killer workout today. 100 burpees? great job girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy for the job!!! Love your outfit, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to be smart! congrats on the interviews, the beginning of the semester is always crazy but you are handling it in stride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about the job! And you are fantastic with that workout, girl! Also, I wish my school would have had a gymnastics team! I would have been all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the new semester! And congrats on the job! Thats awesome! You are really rocking those muscles girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a blast! I always liked the start of new quarters/semesters, its nice to start over from scratch, at least with new classes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are having lots of fun :)! Good luck this quarter!!

    ReplyDelete