Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Recent Eats & Workouts.

my life lately = class + study + work + eat + sweat + sleep.

needless to say i'm so happy it's the weekend! even though all i'll be doing for the rest of the weekend is working and studying, it's a nice break from going to class.

i thought i'd stop in and share some recent eats (since i missed WIAW), and all of the awesome workouts i did the past week!


the friday special sushi bowl - sticky rice with carrots, cucumber, edamame, shrimp w/ spicy mayo, and AVOCADO! this bowl was so good - i wish it was offered on more days than friday!


obligatory friday froyo. peach & tart flavors with lots of strawberries, cheesecake bites, walnuts, almonds, pink & white cookies, and graham cracker crumbs.


tortilla with crunchy almond butter, banana, chia seeds, and honey


plain greek yogurt with TJ's blueberry muesli, a little honey, and frozen berries


lots of sweet potatoes with nut butter & honey! i bought a couple of sweet potatoes at trader joes last week - best decision ever :-) and they're really really cheap, too!


my favorite shrimp & corn chowder


whole wheat turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and dijonaise. 



another bowl of plain greek yogurt with muesli, frozen berries, and honey


an oatmeal bowl - i made it with a packet of maple TJ's oatmeal, milk, and chia seeds and then topped it with almond butter, banana slices, shredded coconut, & a few crushed up coconut cookie thins (from TJ's, best things ever!)  

workouts this week:



sunday: 6 mile run (longest distance i've run in who knows how long!)
monday: 20 minutes of elliptical, 1 round of kaila's workout, 1 mile treadmill run, stretches
tuesday: 2 mile treadmill run + 10 mins elliptical
wednesday: 30 minutes elliptical intervals (i was a sweaty mess by the end!) + abs in between classes
thursday: 3.4 mile run before class
friday: IFT WOD that looked like this:

warm up: 4 laps of farmers' carry around the gym with a 26# kettlebell
WOD:
complete each exercise for one minute before moving onto the next. rest for one minute in between rounds.
-slam balls
-KB thrusters
-double unders
-push-ups

i used a 16# slam ball and a 26# kettlebell for the thrusters. by the end of the workout i was DEAD. but super proud of myself because i did my first double under!! and managed to get four in a row in the last round!


all in all it was a great week for workouts considering that most days i didn't have much time to squeeze one in (but was always glad that i did!). today i'm SUPER sore in my legs from yesterday's workout so it's definitely a rest day. i might take tomorrow off, too, or do a yoga video on hulu or something.

oh & a random outfit pic before i go - it was raining a little bit this week but it was still warm so i went with leggings, a tank, a scarf, and boots!


and i'll leave you with this:


tell me: best thing you've eaten / best workout you've done this past week!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for trying my workout! Loving all the college eats! Especially the sweet potatoes! Those are so easy and convenient...not to mention DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday froyo... I like that. I may have to incorporate that into my weekly events :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you eat so tasty and healthy anyway! I've never eaten sweet potatoes with honey. I must try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always jealous of the foods you eat! They look so yummy and healthy too. Cute rainy day outfit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best workout I did this week was trying Spin class for the first time. I am in love. I love your boots. I have some just like it and they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eats make me jealous that I wasn't as awesome of a college student. actually I'm jealous of your meals and I'm not in college anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to find a froyo place that offers circus animal cookies as toppings...now I'm craving sone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete