Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.
I started off my morning with a latte, a trip to Whole Foods (right when it opened, naturally), a short run, and a nice plate of coconut flour pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Perfect Sunday right there!
Anyway, today I have a fun review for you - Kona Kase!
In addition to the goodies in each box, there's different motivational quotes in each box as well as information about each of the companies' products that were included in the box. For some products there's even discount codes if you want to purchase more for yourself, which I thought was really cool!
I was sent the June box to review; here's what I got!
- 18 Rabbits Cheeky Cherry Chocolate Granola Bar: I thought that I wasn't going to like this bar because I'm not a fan of fruit and chocolate together, but I ended up loving it! It was a great snack before I went mountain biking with a friend & kept me full for quite awhile.
- Madagascar Vanilla Almond KIND bar: This bar wasn't my favorite KIND bar (almond cashew still holds #1) but it was still pretty good.
- HalfPops Natural Butter & Pure Ocean Sea Salt: These babies were interesting! It's half-popped popcorn, and they kind of reminded me of Corn Nuts. They were a bit salty but other than that I really liked them.
- Doctor Will Bar: The bar was kind of small, but it was delicious! Similar to a Larabar and very peanut buttery, which I loved.
- Mango OneBar: The little kid in me loved that this was included in the box. I love dried fruit anything and this mango bar was delicious.
- Mamma Chia Apple Cinnamon Chia Squeeze: Although I like chia seeds, I still can't get used to them in a pudding/drink sort of way. The flavors of this squeeze pack were spot on, just like apple pie, but I couldn't get past the texture.
- Osmo Nutrition Orange Active Hydration Packet: I was really excited to try this packet on one of my longer runs last week, but when I took a sip, I didn't taste any orange at all. I had to check and make sure I dumped the packet in! This was my least favorite item included in the box.
- Double Espresso Clif Shot: I LOVE espresso flavored gels, so this one was right up my alley. I hadn't had the Clif brand before, but it was really good when I had it during a run. It also had 100mg of caffeine, which was perfect for this girl because I need a lot of caffeine to affect me (coffee addict alert)!
(You can also take a peek at past month's boxes here.)
Overall, I really enjoyed my box! Kona Kase is definitely geared towards more endurance athletes, and would make a perfect gift for a runner or a biker. My mom even thought it was a really cool idea and is going to buy one for a friend in her spinning classes.
Have you tried a monthly subscription food box before?