Sunday: 4-mile run with one of my girls in my bible study!
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: IFT Barbell Class
- Strength: 5 x 3 push press
- I maxed at 75lbs - I'm still trying to master the form on a lot of the lifts we do.
- WOD was 5 rounds of:
- 5 clapping push-ups (I did regular push-ups since I can't do them properly and clap)
- 10 slam balls (I used a 16lb ball)
- 20 second bar hold overhead (I used 65lbs)
Wednesday: 3.5 mile run - killed it! :)
(^^see that bruise on my left collarbone in the photo? that's from doing cleans!!)
Thursday: IFT Barbell
- Strength: 5 x 2 power cleans (I got up to 80#)
- WOD was 8 rounds of:
- 1-5 pull ups or 1 negative
- I did negatives instead of pull-ups since I can't do a pull-up without a resistance band yet. Negatives are where you start at the top of a pull-up position and lower yourself as slowly as you can, which builds strength in the muscles that you need to do a pull-up.
- 10 box jumps
- I *think* my box was 20" but I could be wrong on that one
- After the WOD I did two planks (2 min & 1 min) and some stretching. I'm trying to do planks and stretching a lot more because I know both are really good for me and will help me to get stronger.
Friday: Rest day - my upper body and abs are so sore!! I never have focused much on ab work because it's just not my favorite, and I really want to build up my upper body strength so that I can do a pull-up.
Which leads me to two new goals I set for the end of the quarter:
- 3 minute plank
- 1 pull-up
Random overall thoughts:
- I am LOVING my IFT classes. Although I'm not lifting really heavy weight yet in comparison to most people and I still need to work on form, I look forward to the classes every week because they're so challenging.
- I'm getting calluses on my hands!! Proof of hard work ;-)
- I realized that my arm muscles are finally looking more defined because I am doing less reps with heavy (for me) weight. I did BodyPump for an entire year and never was able to get my biceps to show and now they finally are a little bit! I can't wait to see how much progress I make this year.
what was your favorite workout you did this week?