Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Virtual Coffee Date {3.30.13}

If we were having coffee this afternoon, I would tell you how I'm not ready for spring break to end. How all I want to do right now is go for a beautiful hike, spend hours on the beach soaking up sunshine, and have s'mores and tell stories around a campfire. I guess you could say I'm already craving some fresh air and summer in a big way.

If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd talk about how I'm not sure how I can make it another 11 weeks without seeing my family. Having that precious 5 days with them made me realize how much I miss them every day, and how talking to them on a little screen doesn't even hold a candle to being together in person. I'd also talk for way too long about how much I miss my cats. And I'd tell you that that I'm worried that Tux (our oldest cat) isn't going to make it three more months for me to say goodbye to him.

If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd tell you go to go listen to OneRepublic's new album when you got home because I'm obsessed.

If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd tell you about my beautiful run this morning. How the weather was absolutely spotless, and my legs felt like they could just keep going and going. I'd tell you how blessed I am to be able to experience the pure joy and freedom that running gives me.


If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd tell you about all the things I want to do this summer. I want to run the Giant half marathon in the city and run the Ragnar trail race in Tahoe. I want to try out Crossfit. I want to go on road trips to visit friends. I want to go to as many country concerts as my little wallet will allow and go on lots of little mini-vacations with my family.


If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd tell you about the delicious lunch I ate today after I went grocery shopping. After a dinner of yogurt and banana last night I realized that I needed some green in my life, and badly. Brussels sprouts have never tasted so good! Neither have lentils or goat cheese. I'd also tell you about how I always spend too much money at Trader Joe's and Target but that I never really feel guilty about it.

If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd talk about how good it felt to have a little spring-clean-out of my dorm room the other day. And how I somehow have managed to still make a mess in the 24 hours since I cleaned everything.

If we were having coffee this afternoon, I'd tell you how excited I am to go to an Easter service at a new-to-me church tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. cherish these summers you have at home, i wish I took more advantage of in college. I am kicking myself because I see my family for like two days at a time like 3x a year. Not enough at all. I am so happy you get to stay with your family for Easter weekend, going back to school is never easy. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should definitely try out crossfit! It is awesome! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Julianna. I love coffee. ;)

    Cherish the moments you have with your family. But, always remember that they're always in your heart too.

    Btw, I love grocery shopping. It's fun reading the nutrition labels on products and everything. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet post! It must be really tough to be away from the comforts of home weeks at a time. I hope you'll be able to do all the things you have planned for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is awesome! I am going to have to listen to One Republic's album! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete