Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Quest Nutrition {Self-Proclaimed Addict}

I've been wanting to try Quest Bars for the longest time now because they've been all the rage in the blog world lately! I've heard so many good things about them that I couldn't wait to get my hands on some myself. And I'm so glad that I did!

First of all, I can't say enough good things about Quest Nutrition. They are really passionate about what they do and they make a really, really good product. They responded to me extremely quickly and are just all around awesome.

I was sent a variety box of Quest Bars and a box of Quest Cravings protein peanut butter cups. You guys have no idea how excited I was to dig into these!


All of Quest Nutrition's products have really short ingredient lists with recognizable ingredients. They also have superb nutritional stats - I haven't ever had any bar that even comes close! Each bar has 160-210 calories, 17g (natural) fiber, and 20-21g protein.

The bars are very filling, but most importantly, they taste AWESOME. There's no protein-y aftertaste that you would encounter with most other protein bars. I was also a little nervous about the high fiber content and how my stomach would react, but these never bothered my stomach whatsover.

These little babies are the perfect breakfast on-the-go, post workout fuel, or study snack.

{early morning quick breakfast - i loved the chocolate peanut butter! }
{finals study snack}
It's suggested that you microwave the bar for 15 seconds before eating it - I've never microwaved a protein bar before, but I decided to give it a go and am so glad I did! The bars get really nice and soft and basically taste like a freshly baked cookie.

{vanilla almond crunch after microwaving}
I thought I'd tell you guys which flavors were my favorites (which ones I will definitely be buying again):

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

  •  lots of huge chunks of chocolate & when microwaved, this bar is exactly like cookie dough.

2. Chocolate Peanut Butter

  • tasted just like a brownie! 

3. Coconut Cashew

  • if you love coconut, you'll love this flavor! it's really coconutty and creamy. 

4. Cinnamon Roll 

  • seriously made my room smell like a bakery! i bet this flavor would be really good topped with coconut butter.

5. Peanut Butter Supreme

  • super peanut buttery, which i was not expecting at all since not a lot of bars can get that flavor right. just like a peanut butter cookie! 

6. Chocolate Brownie

  • this one also tasted like a brownie, but it wasn't as chocolate-y to me as the chocolate peanut butter.

7. Vanilla Almond Crunch

  • perfect for you non-chocolate lovers! the vanilla flavor really came through in this one. 
8. Peanut Butter and Jelly
  • i liked the peanut butter supreme better, but this one was still really good. spot on with the PB&J flavor! 
The only flavors I wasn't a huge fan of were Lemon Cream Pie (the lemon flavor was a bit artificial) and Banana Nut Muffin (I'm not a huge fan of banana flavored things in general). The Apple Pie, Mixed Berry Bliss, and Strawberry Cheesecake flavors were pretty good, just not my favorites. And I just realized that all my non-favorite bars were fruit flavored... I think I just don't like fruit-y flavors in my protein bars, haha! But if you're fruit lover, then those are definitely for you because the flavors really do come through. 

All in all, I think it's safe to say I'm addicted to these bars. I've never had a protein bar quite like a Quest Bar and of all the protein bars I've ever eaten, these are my favorites. Which is saying a lot!
I just ran out of them the other day and went #onaquest to find some more, only to discover a GNC store right here in Westwood. I only bought three bars since they're a tad pricey, but in this college student's opinion, they're definitely more than worth your money.  

The protein peanut butter cups I was sent were also really good. I noticed a slight aftertaste in these, but it wasn't overpowering. Personally, I'd rather have an actual peanut butter cup, but if you're looking to stay on track with your eating, these are for you! I'd recommend microwaving them or swirling them into hot oatmeal for a treat.


I'm so thankful that I got to try everything and discover the deliciousness that is Quest Nutrition! Thanks again to an amazing company :-)

**disclaimer: I was sent these bars to review free of charge. I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are my own as always.**

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Julianna. I'm considering to buy these now. I just have to find stores that sell it. I can't believe that they're only around 200 calories too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate chip cookie dough flavor is my all-time favorite! Microwaved, it tastes like a warm melty choco chip cookie...so good! :3!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try these too after seeing them in the blog world! I must pick some up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with quest bars..I cant get them in the UK very easily though so I made sure to majorly stock up when i visited the states...yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Very in depth lol! I have to admit I haven't tried quest bars because I am not a fan of stevia or artificial sweeteners. To processed for me I guess. But my favorite protein bars are Elevate Me protein bars! They are just fruits, nuts, oats, and whey protein! Plus they come in a ton of different flavors and are delicious! Too bad they're not more readily available! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still working my way through my pack of bars, but I am definitely an addict as well! I agree with the lemon one, way too artificial tasting, but I am LOVING the non-fruit ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow...I have now seen these on I think every blog that exists except my own...I guess I really need to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't they amazing/ I seriously can't live without them now. my favorite has to be strawberry cheesecake or cinnamon roll or coconut cashew... so I can't decide. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for microwaving bars to enhance their tastiness :) Thanks for all the very useful info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What deliciousness! :) I've never heard of microwaving bars, but I bet that makes them even better! Did you try them both ways to tell if their was a difference between microwaving them and not?

    ReplyDelete