Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Asian Pasta Salad

Lunch today featured an awesome pasta salad! It was super easy to make and I just used ingredients I had on hand. I also used some leftover pasta (yay leftovers!), and of course, my favorite salad dressing: Newman's Own Sesame Ginger.

Asian Pasta Salad
serves 1
You will need:

  • 1 cup cooked pasta, chilled
  • 1/4 large cucumber
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • handful of spinach
  • 1 thick slice onion
  • 1 1/2 T asian salad dressing (you can use whatever kind you like)
  • parmesan cheese (optional)
First, gather your ingredients..


Then chop up all your veggies


Place your pasta and veggies in a bowl and add 1 T of the dressing


Stir and place in the fridge for an hour or so to let all the flavors combine.


Then drizzle a little more dressing on top (~1/2 T) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese! The parmesan was actually an afterthought but I thought it went really well in this salad. 



I think that red peppers or mushrooms would go really well in this dish (I didn't have any on hand) and you could also add chickpeas, chicken, or some form of protein as well. 

I would've liked to use whole wheat pasta but everyone else in my family doesn't like it very much so we buy the regular kind - the majority wins in this house! Gotta work with what you've got, right? 

Along with the salad I enjoyed a cup of vanilla Chobani and sliced strawberries on the side. 


This salad was especially refreshing after spending some time outside washing my car. While I was washing away, Ginnie Mae laid around for awhile begging for some attention, as usual. Then she decided that she didn't want to get wet and placed herself a safe distance away in the plants :)


are you done yet??? 

She just cracks me up when she lays in her "Superman pose" - I think it's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment