Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back to Normal

Finally I was able to have a normal day today! After all the craziness of the past few days it was nice to have a relaxing and enjoyable Sunday.

This morning I had a yummy quick breakfast of my favorite combo ever - peanut butter on a tortilla! With a side of grapes:




Then I headed off to church to work with the preschoolers! It was so much fun as usual :) 

After church my mom and I went straight to the gym - it's funny how taking yesterday off because of the ACT made me totally crave some exercise today, when usually Sundays are my day off. 

I completed a 35 minute spinning interval workout (some spin bikes at my gym have screens and you can create your own workout, which is what I did) and then followed it up with 20 minutes on the stairclimber. I was originally only going to do 15 minutes but then the competitive side of me kicked in and I was like, come on, you can do 5 more minutes, and I did! It's always nice to go a little farther than you originally planned. My mom and I also did some weights afterward, and then we showered and headed home! By this point I was really hungry and after having a string cheese in the car on the way home I was more than ready for lunch. 

I made a tropical smoothie! It included:
  • 1/2 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • a couple of mango chunks
  • 1/2 cup frozen berries
  • fresh pineapple
  • orange juice

It was delicious! I definitely wanted a big-volume lunch because I was so hungry and this did the trick. I also had some pretzels and animal crackers for some crunch on the side. 


My mom and I went shopping a little later and I got a new pair of khaki shorts! Pictures are coming soon :) I also got a Pinkberry yogurt! It was a reward for surviving the ACT (just like for the SAT) and I forgot to snap a picture, but it was fantastic! I got a mini mango yogurt with strawberries, pineapple, mini cheesecake bites, and some crepe crumbles. 

We also stopped by Whole Foods (love love love) to pick up something for dinner. I went to the salad bar and piled up a bunch of toppings that I added to some lettuce at home. Included in my box was carrot shreds, mushrooms, cucumbers, corn, chickpeas, and cheese. 


Then I piled it on a bed of romaine and drizzled it with my favorite dressing.



While at WF, we also picked up some seasoned beef burgers to enjoy for dinner tonight. And they were some of the best burgers I've ever enjoyed - the seasonings were amazing!!




I enjoyed mine plain on a whole wheat english muffin with some ketchup. Sometimes I love piling the toppings high for my burgers but sometimes I really like eating them plain! 

I also enjoyed an unpictured few small scoops of vanilla ice cream with a sliver of cake for dessert. 

I'm off to watch some TV - the Glee project is on in a few minutes!!

What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday?
I really enjoy spending time with family and going to church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment