Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Recap (Graduation!)

These past few days have been really fun but also filled with a lot of sweets, so I'm looking forward to getting back into my healthy groove!

Friday was Jay's graduation day! I was very excited for him but it was bittersweet because I was trying not to be sad that he's leaving (although we still have the summer!). I went to the gym in the morning and then my mom and I got our hair done! I loved the way it turned out this time and I have been hesitant to shower (oops...) because I love it so much!

We had a little bit of a photo shoot in the backyard when we got home which was really fun because it was such a gorgeous day.









And then it was time to get changed to go to graduation! I didn't ever actually get a picture of Jay in his cap and gown (since the whole time everything was SO crowded - there were about 10,000 people there!) but I got some before he left to go get ready. 



serious face. 
The night before graduation day my mom and I put up a huge sign that spelled out his name in letters on the garage, which was really fun to do! Here's a picture of the final product:


After graduation I had to go to bed pretty early because I had to get up super early to go take the ACT. But I survived and that was my last test of junior year! It's officially over, hoorrayy!!!! After the test I went to a friend's house to celebrate her birthday. We all dressed up and I was a nerd - it was really fun! 


We went to see Super 8 in theaters but it was a little too scary for me. I think I watched the whole movie with my fingers in my ears and my hands in front of my face so I could peek at the screen while being able to shut my eyes quickly :) 

And then I came home and literally fell asleep when my head hit the pillow. I was completely spent - getting up early, working hard to clean the house for graduation, taking the ACT, and staying up late really exhausted me. I got to sleep in this morning and it was glorious. 

Now I'm off to make a nutritious breakfast! I definitely had a lot of cake and heavier dishes over the weekend and I could tell I was feeling sluggish because of the richer food. Veggies and fruits, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment