Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm a Single Child Now!


Happy Sunday, my friends! Boy, has this week been crazy. I am so thankful that I don't have anything planned today so I can catch up on some schoolwork and housework, and relax before next week starts.

The past few days have been pretty emotional because my older brother Jay left for college on Friday! I'm really excited for him but it has just been really hard for me because we're so close, and in my opinion, being left behind is worse than going off on a new adventure.

hahahhhah this photo makes me crack up :)


In other news, my new job has been going really well! I love working there and I just have a lot of fun. Although I'm still getting adjusted and feel a little pressured for time, I know I can do it.

This week my senior class also took a trip to a waterpark nearby and it was a ton of fun. The rides were awesome, and although there were three other senior classes there the lines weren't horrible, just not great.




All in all it was a fun day!

Yesterday was also my second cross country meet (you can read about my first meet of the season here), which was about an hour away. There weren't many schools that I was familiar with there because the meet wasn't exactly in our area, but it is one of my favorite races. The course is nice and flat and the weather is pretty cool.

[Sorry I don't have any photos - my family was moving Jay in at college when I was racing!]

During the race my legs did just feel overall exhausted and heavy, but I'm not quite sure what the cause was. It wasn't my best race in terms of how I felt, but my time was better than last year! I got 20:28 for a 3-mile course and last year my time here was 20:45 I think. So I improved by 17 seconds, which is pretty awesome.

After the meet I was absolutely beat. My legs were tired and I was really sleepy since I had to get up earlier than I usually do to get to the meet. I left the house at 6:30am and didn't get home til 4pm - quite the long day! But somehow I found the energy to go see the Lion King with a few friends. I love that move and it was so fun to see it on the big screen in 3D! I also understood a lot more of the jokes that I did when I was little, heh.

dad43  lionKing Lion King: the Lion King, A Reality Show
simba is so cute!
Movie outfit:




And lastly - recent eats! My breakfasts and lunches usually are the same, so all these photos are mostly dinners and meals on the weekend.

eggs + spinach + shroomies, english muffin + laughing cow + salame


GUACCCC!!!
whole foods salad bar.... HEAVEN

PUMPKIN SPICE BAGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

oh so good.

chicken rice, pico de gallo, beans + turkey meat, cheese, ww tortilla
another whole foods salad.... so good.

sourdough toast + pb, eggs + ketchup


aaannnd two of my new favorites:


perfect to-go snacks! the chocolate peanut butter is SO frickin delcious. perfect combo of salty and sweet...mmmm!!! And clif bars are my favorite snack when I'm going straight from practice to work. the keep me nice and full, taste great, and are easy to eat on the go.

Time to tackle my to-do list!


Questions of the Day:
Did your siblings leave for college before you did, or were you the first one to leave??
Favorite Disney movie?
Best pumpkin baked good? 

No comments:

Post a Comment