this is what i packed for day 2 of the comp - it differs from what i brought day 1 just a little bit, but i felt more prepared on day 2.
- 2 packets of Vega one nutritional shake
- 2 kit's organic clif bars
- 2 chia bars
- 1 packet clif shot blocks (which i forgot to bring on day 1)
- 2 packets crystal lite energy (each packet has 120mg caffeine which was much needed. i took one packet before each WOD.)
- 2 baggies of almonds (unpictured)
both days i should have brought a bit more food with me than i did, but i didn't feel like lugging around a big cooler (if i had brought a cooler, #1 thing i would've packed would have been fresh fruit!). luckily i remembered to bring cash and was able to buy chicken + veggies while i was there.
- a huge water jug - this is a MUST if your comp is outside/hot! i had ice cold water the entire day and was easily able to keep hydrated.
- my blender bottle to blend protein shakes & crystal lite
- pineapple coconut water x2
- FitAid (they were passing them out on both days of the comp, so i saved one from day 1 to bring for day 2)
- almond milk to make protein shakes
- The Stick
- gloves (fingerless were all i had, if i had ones with fingers i would've brought those)
- myofascial release ball
- athletic tape (to tape hands) and scissors
- my Strength Wraps
- my jump rope (most likely, they won't be provided!)
what I wore:
- lululemon speed short
- nike sports bra
- my box's tank
- reebok crossfit nanos
what I brought as spares:
- extra pair of lulu speed shorts
- lululemon capris
- 2 extra tanks
- extra sports bras/underwear <-- lifesaver!
- 3 pairs extra socks
- facial towlettes
- hand sanitizer
- sport sunscreen
- bobby pins + hair ties
- junk headbands
and... my cat.
totally kidding. she obviously wanted to come with all of my food though! hah.
have you ever done a crossfit comp before? what did you bring?
favorite protein powder?