Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hello, 4-day Weekend.

One of the perks of being a student is getting days off that most of the world doesn't!

This morning I hopped out of bed bright and early at 5am to hit the gym for a 6am BodyPump class (I move really, really slow in the morning!). Even though I could've slept in since we don't have school, I'm not going to be able to go to my regular Sunday 'Pump - I still wanted to go sometime this weekend, so this morning it was. The instructor definitely killed us with push-ups, especially the walking ones!

There's definitely something to be said for getting your workout out of the way by 7am - I always am SO happy when I walk out of the gym nice and sweaty!

Since I don't have class today, I wasn't in any rush to get home and stopped at Starbucks for some of my favorite coffee, the blonde roast. It doesn't appear here very often, but I get this like 3 times a week in the morning (trying to keep myself from needing it every morning - plus $1.65 a cup adds up!). It also makes it a treat when I do get it.


I'm in love.

Then I made myself a yummy protein smoothie and slurped it up (in my huge hoodie, of course) while catching up on my favorite blogs. I love leisurely mornings!



Aaand I had to retake that picture cause the first time there were most definitely berry seeds in between my teeth. Very attractive ;)

Then this happened in my kitchen. Wait for it....


Birthday Cake Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yup, you read that right. I have been looking forward to making these all week for my friend's birthday tomorrow!

A little while back when I came across this recipe on Picky Palate, and then saw Birthday Cake Oreos (for their 100th anniversary) in the store the same day - it was a sign! I knew this would be the perfect recipe to make for Nicole's birthday.





The idea was simple: cover an oreo with your basic chocolate chip cookie dough. The execution: not as simple! I was getting cookie dough everywhere (the recipe made dough that was a little gooey) and it was pretty hard to cover the oreos without making a mess.



I used Becky's tip and refrigerated the cookies before baking. I also stuck the dough in the fridge at this point so that it would be easier to cover the oreos for the rest of the batches, which was definitely a smart move. It was a lot less messy after that!


I followed the recipe exactly, except I added a few rainbow sprinkles to the actual cookie dough, used Birthday Cake Oreos to make the cookies festive, and baked them for 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for (the cookies were HUGE!)

These made my kitchen smell like cake batter and chocolate chip cookies. What more could you want?




I highly suggest you hightail it to the grocery store, pick up some of these oreos, and make these. Now. I promise you won't regret it!

And if this morning wasn't already amazing enough, I went out to pick up a few treats for my Foodie Pen Pal (first time participating this month!) and later I'm having lunch with my mom. I am so glad it is the weekend!

But the best has yet to come... because tomorrow I'm leaving for L.A. to visit my older brother!!!!! I am so flippin' excited - I haven't seen Jay since his winter break two months ago, plus this is my first time getting to visit him at college instead of him coming home! Needless to say I am PUMPED!!!!

what are your plans for this weekend? 
what's your idea of an awesome day? mine includes all of the above (a good workout, coffee, yummy healthy breakfast, time to bake and read blogs, hanging out with my momma, grocery shopping) but i would probably throw in a pedicure and some time with a movie or a good book too!

4 comments:

  1. oh.my.god. i just found myself staring at these birthday cake oreo delights. will you send me one puleeeeese? enjoy your 4 day weekend lady - looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those cookies!! It is definitiely a messy project though. I haven't had the birthday cake oreos yet so I definitely need to try them soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre so lucky that you have a four day weekend! I could really use one right now! :) I hope you enjoy your time off! :)

    Wow! Those cookies look super yummy! Awesome recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh those oreos look so good! I'm sure your friend loved them :) HAVE SO MUCH FUN IN LA! cant wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete