One night a few weeks ago I baked up my cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I knew I wanted to make one of my favorite recipes and immediately thought of these Almond Toffee Cookies.
Crispy, chewy, and chock-full of almond and toffee bits, these are bound to be a hit with any cookie lover. My mom even proclaimed them the "best cookies i've ever had" and trust me, she and I know our cookies.
Almond Toffee Cookies
(makes about 4 dozen)
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 oz almonds (1 cup whole)
- 1 8-oz bag of Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in oil and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Chop your almonds into small pieces (feel free to use pre-chopped almonds as well)
- Stir in almonds and heath bits.
- Eat copious amounts of cookie dough.. who cares about the eggs? ;)
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
These cookies are seriously heaven. Go make them now - I promise you won't regret it!