Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Almond Toffee [Heaven] Cookies

One night a few weeks ago I baked up my cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I knew I wanted to make one of my favorite recipes and immediately thought of these Almond Toffee Cookies.

Crispy, chewy, and chock-full of almond and toffee bits, these are bound to be a hit with any cookie lover. My mom even proclaimed them the "best cookies i've ever had" and trust me, she and I know our cookies.


Almond Toffee Cookies
(makes about 4 dozen) 


  • 2 sticks butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar
  • 4 oz almonds (1 cup whole)
  • 1 8-oz bag of Heath milk chocolate toffee bits


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in oil and sugars. 
  3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. 
  4. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl. 
  5. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined. 
  6. Chop your almonds into small pieces (feel free to use pre-chopped almonds as well)
  7. Stir in almonds and heath bits. 
  8. Eat copious amounts of cookie dough.. who cares about the eggs? ;)
  9. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. 

These cookies are seriously heaven. Go make them now - I promise you won't regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment