Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Almond Toffee [Heaven] Cookies



One night a few weeks ago I baked up my cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I knew I wanted to make one of my favorite recipes and immediately thought of these Almond Toffee Cookies.

Crispy, chewy, and chock-full of almond and toffee bits, these are bound to be a hit with any cookie lover. My mom even proclaimed them the "best cookies i've ever had" and trust me, she and I know our cookies.

Enjoy!

Almond Toffee Cookies
(makes about 4 dozen) 


Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar
  • 4 oz almonds (1 cup whole)
  • 1 8-oz bag of Heath milk chocolate toffee bits



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in oil and sugars. 
  3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. 
  4. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl. 
  5. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined. 
  6. Chop your almonds into small pieces (feel free to use pre-chopped almonds as well)
  7. Stir in almonds and heath bits. 
  8. Eat copious amounts of cookie dough.. who cares about the eggs? ;)
  9. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. 














These cookies are seriously heaven. Go make them now - I promise you won't regret it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment