these posts are so much fun! they're a mix of random and organized and i'm definitely a fan. :)
5 Random Eats
trader joe's sea salt & turbinado sugar dark chocolate covered almonds - i'm addicted! if there's a TJ's near you, go buy these. now. you'll thank me later.
egg white scramble with onion, broccoli, and sharp 2% cheddar cheese. i ended up drizzling this in ketchup because eggs without ketchup is like oatmeal without nut butter, in my book. i can't eat one without the other!
spoonfuls of Justin's maple almond butter. i can't get enough!
a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich. i was craving one for dinner a few nights ago and just went with it!
plain chobani with apple butter, strawberries, and a crumbled oat bran muffin.
4 Track Runs/Workouts of the Week
I'm not writing a weekly recap for track this week because my goals post basically summed it up, but I wanted to share the runs that I went on!
- Monday: 5 mile easy run + 6 strides (2 sets of 3 easy/medium/fast) + core/stretching
- Tuesday: none - I had an orthodontist appointment to get a new retainer :(
- Wednesday: 5.5 mile easy run + core/stretching
- Thursday: track workout:
- 2 lap warmup
- 6x200 fast
- 1 mile easy
- 4x200 fast
- 3 lap cooldown
- core + stretching
- Friday: 4 mile easy run to stretch out the legs. the speed workout from thursday left the backs of my thighs and calves suppeerrr tight! I stretched but didn't do core, but i did core 3/4 days this week which is definitely progress!
3 Blog posts I loved reading this week
2 of my posts this week
- Oat Bran Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe <-- these are still delicious almost a week later! i individually wrapped them and froze them and they froze really well!
- My Goals For the 2012 Track Season It's my 4th and final season running track and field so I wanted to write out my goals to see how much I can accomplish by the end of the season.
1 Awesome New Pair of Shoes Currently in the Mail
These Nike Lunarglide+ 3's! I currently have a pair that I LOVE but I've had them since cross country season and it's time for some new ones. I'm also
kinda super pumped about the color of these babies!
what's your favorite pair of running shoes?
best thing you've eaten this week?