I came up with a really good muffin recipe today when I was playing around with oat bran and almond flour. I wanted to pop in and share it because it's definitely one to bookmark!
These babies are packed with healthy ingredients and they are perfectly fluffy and delicious. They're perfect for a pre-workout snack, crumbled on top of yogurt, or spread with a smear of nut butter. You can sub any combination of mix-ins for the chocolate chips as well.
Oat Bran Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes 12 muffins
click here to pin this recipe!
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup regular flour (we only had white on hand so i used white, but whole wheat would definitely work too)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (i used Chobani 0%)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or other mix-ins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients (oat bran, both flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon) in a medium bowl.
- Form a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the rest of the ingredients, except for your mix-ins.
- Stir in your mix-ins and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Scoop batter into tins.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes or until firm to the touch.
I sprinkled walnut chunks into half of them (my mom doesn't like walnuts in baked goods and i wanted her to be able to enjoy them!) and both versions were delicious.
These muffins were amazing warm out of the oven - I dug in right away!
They were so good I went back for a second one which I crumbled on top of a bowl of vanilla chobani.