Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Sandwich.

Apparently I'm on a Mexican recipe kick - first the vegan burrito bowl, and now this sandwich! 

This morning after taking two awesome classes at the gym (BodyPump 80 and spinning) I came home absolutely ravenous. I'd already had a pre-workout snack (usual tortilla + pb) but was extra starving and wanted a big, protein-packed meal. This sandwich hit the spot!


Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Sandwich
  • 3/4 c. egg beaters (egg whites)
  • 2 slices nutty whole-grain bread, toasted
  • 1 slice colby jack cheese
  • 1 wedge Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle Cheese
  • 1 tablespoon salsa
  • 3-4 thin slices avocado
All you have to do is: cook your eggs, melt the colby jack on on slice of bread, layer laughing cow, salsa, and avocado on the other, and assemble your sandwich!






 This sandwich packed 35g protein and was super filling. Definitely satisfied the hunger beast that came out after I got home from the gym!

The rest of the day I studied my butt off. I mostly snacked my way through the day (unpictured plain greek yogurt with apple butter, pop chips, string cheese, and a LUNA bar) but managed to snap a photo of some cranberry tea I had. 


After a long day of studying, my mom surprised me and took me to get a foot massage! Dear Lord that was the most AMAZING thing ever. I still can't get over how relaxing it was! They actually massaged our arms, head, shoulders, and legs as well and I can't tell you how good it felt after such a hard workout this morning. It was a really good deal too - only $25 a person for an HOUR. 

Needless to say we came home in a super relaxed and happy state. 

Dinner was a good one: a big salad with romaine, cucumber, carrots, red onions, mushrooms, and my favorite Newman's Own Sesame Ginger dressing


And my dad's awesome southern-barbecued chicken with some roasted rosemary potatoes I made. The potatoes were simple and delicious! I just tossed them in some olive oil, rosemary, salt n peppa, and then roasted them for 25 minutes at 400. 


Dessert was also tasty - I had a honey graham cracker with regular pb and PB&Co's Dark Chocolate Dreams.


I'm off crash in bed - it's been a long day. 

Have you ever gotten a massage?
Best breakfast sandwich combo?

No comments:

Post a Comment