Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIAW #5 - Back to the Grind

I definitely was not looking forward to the 6:30 am wakeup call this morning. Going back to school after a 2 1/2 week break is always a toughie and today was no exception!

but today is WIAW's 50th anniversary! and while this is only my 5th time participating I gotta say that I have always loved reading everyone's WIAW posts.

so here we go!

meal 1 (6:45 am): bagel smeared with a wedge of laughing cow cheese and topped with two eggs



meal 2 (10:30am): apple + string cheese


meal 3 (12:30 pm): vanilla chobani, carrots with red pepper hummus, and a plain bagel (these bagels are awesome- i got them at Fresh and Easy and they have 6g protein and 5g fiber. not to mention they are delicious!)


i like to dip pretzels and bagels into yogurt.... weird much?

meal 4 (3:30 pm): lemon Luna bar + 2 clementines


i ate this on my way from school to go get my hair trimmed - it has been getting really long and i knew that managing it would be easier after getting a few inches cut off.

post cut: much better!



workout: 20 minutes heavy resistance elliptical + 30min Les Mills CXWorx core class. I didn't really want to hit up the gym today since i was already exhausted from having such a full day, so i hopped on the elliptical while reading blogs on my phone to get the time to go by. then when i saw people lining up for the core class, i decided right before it started to take it, since i always get a better workout in classes than i do on my own.
success! :)

meal 5: i actually haven't eaten this yet, but likely it will be some form of salad+pizza or salad+rice/chicken bowl. instead i'm gonna show you last nights eats cuz they were pretty deeeelicous!

i roasted brussel sprouts for the first time and they turned out pretty well - just tossed em in olive oil and salt n peppa and then roasted at 400 for 25 minutes. my only complaint was that they tasted a lil bitter at the end - any tips from you roasting experts?


anyways, i had my brussel sprouts (covered in ketchup cause i can't get enough of that stuff!) with a hearty serving of Grandma's Homemade Mac n Cheese. aka yummiest pasta everr! if you haven't seen the recipe please go check it out - i promise it's worth it :) [on a side note, i finally got going with recipage yesterday and now all my recipes are nice and organized. woop woop!]


and i'm sure meal 6 will involve an apple, peanut butter, and choco chips - best dessert ever.



any tips for roasting brussel sprouts? 
tell me about your workout today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment