Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Single-Lady Burrito Bowl.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends! Mine was pretty busy (I worked almost 10 hours, and did some studying) but this morning I had a super-fun trip to the gym after I fueled up with pre-workout tortilla with peanut butter.

I took a BodyPump class and then took my favorite spinning class that's at 10:15 on Sundays. The teacher only teaches once a week and that's the only time I ever go to spinning. A lot of the teachers don't keep me engaged or play good music so I usually skip spinning in favor of something else, but the 10:15am teacher on Sundays is awesome! I love the intervals, the music is great, and the class always flies by. I left soaked with sweat and with a smile on my face.

I came home and made one of my Simple Berry Smoothies - except this time I included a cup of Chobani plain yogurt along with the protein powder and it stuck with me for quite a few hours!


A little bit later in the day I made myself a piece of toast with havarti cheese:

lovin' my iPhone photo apps! :)
And then I went to get a pedicure with my mom and got hot pink toes!


Snackage included a caramel nut Balance bar and a small iced coffee:


Then we came home and made dinner. I picked up a package of extra-firm tofu at Fresh & Easy the other day and wanted to include it in dinner - and I ended up with a mostly-vegan burrito bowl that was absolutely delicious.

Single-Lady Burrito Bowl
makes 1 bowl


Ingredients:
  • 3 oz extra-firm tofu
  • 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
  • 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
  • 1/2 cup cooked vegetable of choice (I used sautéed mushrooms)
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 2 tablespoons salsa
  • sprinkle of cheddar cheese (optional, leave out if you want the bowl to be vegan!) 
Directions:
  1. Slice tofu fairly thinly (about 1/4 in thick) and rub with taco seasoning. 
  2. Spray a small frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Place seasoned tofu in pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until crispy. 
  3. Meanwhile, heat your beans in a bowl until warm and add rice and vegetables. When tofu is done add to the bowl and top with avocado, salsa, and optional cheese. 
  4. Enjoy! 




I loved this bowl because it was so filling - about 22 grams of vegan protein. 

Dessert was a hunk of warm seedy multigrain bread with a few chocolate chips and peanut butter spread inside.


what's your favorite mexican food? my favorite is my mom's healthy enchiladas. but i also love me some nachos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment