I took a BodyPump class and then took my favorite spinning class that's at 10:15 on Sundays. The teacher only teaches once a week and that's the only time I ever go to spinning. A lot of the teachers don't keep me engaged or play good music so I usually skip spinning in favor of something else, but the 10:15am teacher on Sundays is awesome! I love the intervals, the music is great, and the class always flies by. I left soaked with sweat and with a smile on my face.
I came home and made one of my Simple Berry Smoothies - except this time I included a cup of Chobani plain yogurt along with the protein powder and it stuck with me for quite a few hours!
A little bit later in the day I made myself a piece of toast with havarti cheese:
|lovin' my iPhone photo apps! :)|
Snackage included a caramel nut Balance bar and a small iced coffee:
Then we came home and made dinner. I picked up a package of extra-firm tofu at Fresh & Easy the other day and wanted to include it in dinner - and I ended up with a mostly-vegan burrito bowl that was absolutely delicious.
Single-Lady Burrito Bowl
makes 1 bowl
- 3 oz extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 cup cooked vegetable of choice (I used sautéed mushrooms)
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- sprinkle of cheddar cheese (optional, leave out if you want the bowl to be vegan!)
- Slice tofu fairly thinly (about 1/4 in thick) and rub with taco seasoning.
- Spray a small frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Place seasoned tofu in pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat your beans in a bowl until warm and add rice and vegetables. When tofu is done add to the bowl and top with avocado, salsa, and optional cheese.
I loved this bowl because it was so filling - about 22 grams of vegan protein.
Dessert was a hunk of warm seedy multigrain bread with a few chocolate chips and peanut butter spread inside.
what's your favorite mexican food? my favorite is my mom's healthy enchiladas. but i also love me some nachos!