Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

First Ever Green Monster + Baccalaureate

Well, more like brown monster, but hey, it counts, right?

After my smoothie issues last week I was determined to make a yummy smoothie this afternoon. And guess what?? I solved one of my own problems, which was trying to get the texture of the smoothie right without yogurt. And this smoothie nailed it.

After convincing my mom to get fresh spinach at the store yesterday (the conversation went a bit like this: mom: what are you going to use it for? me: smoothies. mom: what??. Jay: are you serious? me: yup! mom: alllright..... clearly they think i'm crazy!) I was excited to make my first GM this afternoon!

Right when I walked in the door from my run (4 miles) I started making my smoothie, which included:

  • 1/2 cup fat free milk
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  • 4 fresh strawberries
  • about 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • ~1/2 cup crushed ice





brown monster

slurp! excuse the crazy post-run hair :)

Even though this smoothie is probably one of the most disgusting-looking things I have ever created in my kitchen, it also was one of the best-tasting smoothies I have ever made (and this girl has seen a lot of smoothies!)   The texture and flavor were perfect. And I love squeezing in those extra nutrients!

Yesterday

Yesterday was Jay's baccalaureate ceremony and we took lots of fun pictures! It was pretty scary to see him in his graduation gown (I'm feeling happy for him that he's graduating but sad for me since it means he's leaving soon!) but the ceremony was pretty cool. 




I also got to wear my new dress that my mom spotted for me at Forever 21. It is SO comfy and I know I'm going to wear it lots, plus it was under $20! I love a good bargain.






Have you made a Green Monster? What are your favorite varieties?
Do you have an older sibling?

No comments:

Post a Comment