Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Running Shoes Needed!

 I went for a 4 mile run this afternoon and on the last mile my legs were killing me. This has happened on the past couple of runs I've been on, and at first I thought that it was because my body still needed time to recover from donating blood so I took it easy. I donated blood a week ago, though, so I realized that that wasn't the problem - my shoes were. I haven't gotten new shoes since January! These babies have been through a whole season of track so they are definitely worn out.

all worn out!
I am planning on going and getting new shoes asap! I might try a new type since I think this is my 4th or 5th pair of the same shoe. I also am on the lookout for an iPod case that is good for running. I don't have one and it didn't bother me for quite awhile, but lately it's been getting on my nerves. Today I made a makeshift case out of my headband - pretty goofy looking, huh?

goofy but functional!

Before I went for my run I had a handful of animal crackers (I've definitely still got a little kid living in me - These things are fantastic!)


And post-run I had a bowl of cold, refreshing cantaloupe. I actually ended up adding some greek yogurt about halfway through the bowl for a protein kick.


Breakfast & Lunch

Today's breakfast featured an egg sandwich (I use egg substitute, which is 99% egg whites) on a sandwich thin spread with Laughing Cow cheese, and some strawberries on the side. I'm so happy that they are in season because they are one of my favorite fruits! 



Lunch today included one of my favorites! The peach Chobani is hands down the best flavored greek yogurt out there, in my opinion. I also enjoyed an orange and a whole wheat turkey wrap. 

All packed up! 
And now I'm off to get my schweaty buns in the shower :) Hopefully tonight or sometime later this week I can get some recipes up and running on the blog!

Do you forget to replace your running shoes? How often do you replace them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment