Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Napili Beach

This is crazy!! I wrote a draft of this post and lost it because i dont know how to work my brothers ipad. Then i rewrote it and somehow deleted a part of that! So I'm going to try to finish it now and pray that it actually posts.


Today was absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! I love Maui. It is so gorgeous here and the weather is perfect. Slight breeze, in the eighties, and the water at the beach is perfect temperature.

This morning I went for a 6.5 mile run with my dad which was a lot of fun. I haven't run that long of a distance in awhile so it was nice to push myself a bit - I was definitely huffing and puffing at the end! We ran along a path by the beach and got to see a lot of hotels along the beach as well. The view was so beautiful. Here's the path we ran by - the picture was taken from our balcony.



After we got back I chugged a ton of ice cold water. I don't think I drank enough yesterday which was a super long day with all the travel and 3 hour time difference, so today I made sure to drink a lot!

For breakfast I made an open face egg and cheese sandwich with a fresh nectarine on the side. I'm pretty sure I am going to be eating this breakfast everyday this week since we only bought our staple groceries (which included a 4 pound bag of broccoli, 1 pound of which is already gone;))







We spent the rest of the day at the beach!! I packed myself an asian chicken wrap that included lettuce, grilled chicken strips, and an Asian sesame dressing. I also snacked on some goldfish and wheat thins throughout the day.

We rented boogie boards and snorkel gear at the beach and definitely got our moneys worth out of them! I boogie boarded for an hour or so in the beginning and then went snorkeling with my mom. We saw so many beautiful fish while we were swimming! I later went snorkeling with my dad and we spotted a sea turtle!! It was so incredible so I took jay out to go see it after my dad and I got back.

I wish I could share some pictures of the beach with you guys! But I only brought my camera with me and all the electronic devices we brought don't have USB ports so I can't upload any photos. I am planning on writing some recap posts when I get back, though!

We swam in the pool for a bit when we got back to where we are staying and then showered off to go explore some stores. There were quite a few cute bathing suits so hopefully later this week my mom and I can spend some time shopping!

Dinner tonight was a simple one. Most of my meals this week are going to be pretty simple since we have basic groceries and my family is definitely the eat-in type.

I had a small salad, pizza, and rotisserie chicken from Costco - it tasted great, especially since I was starving after swimming all day.








I went back for a second piece of pizza and later I enjoyed some cookies n cream ice cream for dessert.



I'll leave you guys with a gorgeous picture of the sunset!




I'm praying that this posts :) see ya soon!!

P.S. I apologize for the image quality - the pictures were taken from a phone since I can't upload from a camera :( Stay tuned for recap posts when I get back with lots of pictures, though!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment