Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back Sweat

This morning's workout at cross country practice turned me into a sweaty mess.
The workout included:

  • 10 minutes warmup as a team
  • 1.5 mile run to the location of the workout
  • 3 mile repeats at 7:00-7:15 pace (my first one was 6:48, which was too fast, but the other two were right on!)
  • 1 extra mile around the loop to add mileage in, easy pace
  • 1.5 mile run back to school. 
Total distance: ~8 miles! 

I was so sweaty that my back had the outline of my sports bra on it, and the front of me was completely soaked. I'm sure my teammates were glad I wasn't giving them a ride home ;)


When I got home I was super hungry so I immediately dug into some fresh watermelon along with a handful of cereal. 

multiply this amount by 5.

I really wanted a chocolate protein smoothie for breakfast but we're all out of frozen bananas (this must change. now.) so I went with a bowl of oats. 

I had an oat explosion in the microwave, which happens to me all the time. So I just cleaned it up and kept on cookin'. 

The end result was worth the trouble of making the oats. 



My bowl included:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 c almond milk + 2/3 c water
  • chia seeds
  • vanilla Chobani
  • crumbly peanut butter + drizzly peanut butter
  • sprinkle of brown sugar
I used the last of my all natural peanut butter, so it was super crumbly since it was the bottom of the jar. I love this texture because it's the good ol' stick to the roof of your mouth pb. Then I opened a new jar, heated up a little extra, and drizzled it on top. 



This bowl was actually really good, which surprised me a little since I haven't ever put greek yogurt on oats with pb before. The yogurt added extra creaminess and the combo of carbs + protein + fats filled me right up.

 Right now I'm snacking on more watermelon and plugging away at the rest of my summer anatomy homework. I can't believe school is right around the corner! I am going to registration today so I will know my class schedule soon. Not sure if I should be excited or annoyed about this....

Have you ever put yogurt on your oats? yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment