Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If You Are What You Eat...

Then I'm about to turn into a ginormous egg.

But first, let's back up a lil bit ;)

Last night was a ton of fun!! I hung out with friends and did crazy shizz and it was awesome. I <3 summer nights.  I didn't take any good photos and I didn't blog yesterday afternoon, but you know what? I'd rather miss a few blog posts than miss good times in life cause I'm staying at home blogging. It's my senior year this year and I'm gonna live it up!

This morning I was planning on sleeping in since I got in late last night (and then proceeded to stay up even later because I didn't want to miss Switched At Birth - they've got me so hooked on that show!). But somehow I woke up at 7am on the dot without anything waking me up. Since I was awake I figured I should get my booty outta bed and to practice.

Before I left I had the same pre-workout snack as yesterday: eggs + ketchup in a tortilla.


At cross country practice we did a workout that looked like this:
  • 1 mile warmup
  • 12 laps around the track continuous at 7:00/mile pace (3 miles)
  • 1 lap as fast as possible
  • 2 mile cooldown + stretch
Total: 6 miles!

I really was needing a good stretch even though I stretched a bit after practice so I went on over to BodyFlow at the gym. It is a super tough class for me because I'm not very flexible, but I always feel great at the end. 

Breakfast/brunch was a giant veggie & egg scramble. I wanted a lot of food and this plate delivered. 

I sauteed some shredded zucchini, onions, and diced mushrooms with salt + pepper and then added eggs and cheddar. Served up with a doughy english muffin spread with Laughing Cow. 




This is a prime example of what my mom likes to call a "hungry man" breakfast (aka a 200 pound man could eat this meal and be full). Active teenagers definitely eat alotta food!!

What is your favorite veggie to put in an egg scramble?

No comments:

Post a Comment