Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Barbecue Sauce

I hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday!!

This morning's run tired me out a little bit (not to mention being tired over the past couple of days as well!) so I spent most of the day relaxing, which was awesome.

I also went to Costco and picked up some of our weekly staples (bread, fruit, veggies, cheese, greek yogurt) along with this book:


I'm only a few pages in but I'm liking it so far. I'm glad I waited until it came out on paperback to get it, though - I was so tempted a few months ago to buy the hardback.

I snacked on lotsa food throughout the day to keep my energy up. Part of why I love summer is that I get to eat small meals when I want, versus having a schedule that structures my eating in 3-4 meals. 


English muffin pizzas topped with extra parm:


Soy crisps from WF that have 7g protein per serving (!!) and they're delicious.


Carrots + hummus (which I am planning on making soon - just bought a can of chickpeas the other day!)

My dad barbecued some chicken for dinner, half with barbecue sauce and half without. I have never been too much of a fan of barbecue sauce, but this kind won me over. Not gross/globby/sugary, but a little runnier with the perfect flavor combo.


My plate included some of the chicken with some organic baked Alexia fries. Some nights I just don't feel like cooking so it was nice to be able to sit down to a delicious dinner with next to no work involved.


I also had a fresh salad that included romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, mushrooms, onions, and cucs


And dessert was the last of my Stonyfield froyo :( with some cookies n cream ice cream + sprinkles!


Plus a few kiwis because I was craving fruit.


I'm feeling a little hungry still (probably cause of my long run this morning) so I'm going to go eat a snack... probably a nanner with pb or a tortilla. 

I'm parking myself on the couch for the rest of the night with my new book. Really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning!

Barbecue sauce: yay or nay? I always hated barbecue sauce because the only I'd tasted was the gross globby kind like what they put in those nasty containers at McDonalds. But now I'm converted 'cause of the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment