Grandma's Macaroni and Cheese
This dish is the most comforting dish I know how to make. Old school classic mac n cheese that is super creamy and cheesy. Enjoy!
Serves 8-10 people
You will need:
- 1 pound macaroni noodles
- 1 12-oz can fat free evaporated milk + 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package and drain. Return to pot.
- Add milk, water, mustard, salt, and pepper to pasta and stir.
- Over low heat, stir in cheese until melted. Let pasta mixture simmer until the sauce is thickened.
Best. Mac n cheese. EVER!