Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy August!



I can't believe that it's already August! Every year, part of me is excited for this month and the other part of me is sad. Sad because August is the month that I go back to school, but excited for the start of a new year! I seriously love everything about fresh starts.

Back to yesterday - I had an awesome Sunday afternoon with my family!

It included some of this:
Poster art for "Captain America: The First Avenger."

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers and Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter in "Captain America: The First Avenger."
hello, future husband ;)

Chris Evans in "The First Avenger: Captain America."


Captain America was actually a really interesting movie! It was hilarious when after the movie I was like "why would he run around with a shield painted so obnoxiously if he's sneaking around in enemy territory??" when my mom told me that it was based on a comic book series. Wow, smart Julianna!! :) 

Family game night last night involved poker - I have never played before and it is quite the complicated game. I still don't have the hang of it! 

I also made a Mexican burrito/taco bar for my family last night. I heated up a mixture of pinto and black beans, cooked turkey meat with mexican spices, and shredded cheese and lettuce. It required a little bit of work but the end result was worth it. 

I had two delicious tacos with a bit of everything for dinner:




Dessert was some vanilla ice cream with cookie crumble, toffee bits, and chocolate syrup. I enjoyed it while watching the newest episode of The Glee Project. 


I also did some late night cupcake baking. I just used a simple cake mix and frosted them with some of my leftover cream cheese frosting. Yum yum! My brother Jay ate lots for breakfast this morning and now they're 3/4 gone! 




Workout + Brekkie

This morning's run took me on a new route with my friend Emily at cross country practice. I'm not sure how far it was but I think it was around six miles. Once I stretched I drove over to the gym for my usual 10am BodyPump class. 

I've noticed that the teacher who teaches Mondays and Fridays uses a LOT of puns about the music. "tonight", "i don't mind", and "sweet children of mine!" are all regular occurences. My mom joined me for class today and I told her about all the puns - we were cracking up the whole class!  It doesn't bother me too much but today it was especially funny. During one song alone I counted 10 puns. Ten!!! 

After lots of giggling I drove home and made breakfast... any guesses as to what it was?? 




I've gone through almost a whole jar of protein powder, like 3 cartons of almond milk, half a container of cocoa powder, and probably more than 10 bananas recently due to these awesome protein shakes! I seriously can't get enough (and this is well evidenced on the blog..heheh). Each time they turn out a little differently and today's was especially thick and milkshake-like. I'm not sure I'm going to get off of this kick for awhile cause these are just too delicious. 

Lots of things to do today - a new post on August goals coming up later!

What is your current favorite breakfast/snack? 
Any interesting August goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment