Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Eats & Fun!

I hope you all had a fantastic start to your weekend!

Today has been really busy so I thought I'd write a quick recap post, if you will, to tell you guys about my day.

This morning I had a quick snackie and then went to the gym to workout. I've run 45 miles this week (woop woop!) so going to the gym sounded a lot more appealing than hitting the pavement at cross country practice.

My workout looked like this:
  • 20 min stairclimber
  • 20 min elliptical
  • 30 min total body weights (I did 15 different machines, with 3 sets of 10-15 reps depending on the machine)
  • about 3/4 of a TurboKick class
I am really starting to love TurboKick - it is a lot better once you've been to a few classes because you start catching onto the moves quicker. It really feels like a dance class to me! I was bummed I could only stay for about 45 minutes since I had to get home, but that is better than nothin'. 

Breakfast was a yummy Mexican burrito that included pico de gallo + zucchini + eggs + cheddar wrapped up in a guac-spread whole wheat tortilla. 





Delicious!

Then I ran some errands with my dad - we hit up the Farmer's market, Costco, and a few other places. 

I had a fresh peach from the market


And a million samples at Costco as usual :) 

I had a small wrap for "lunch" even though I was pretty full from the samples because I didn't want to get hungry during the Glee movie that I went to see with my friend.  



It included turkey, cheddar, mushrooms, spinach and ranch. 

The movie was decent but not the greatest. I was under the impression that they would do a "behind the scenes" type of thing in the movie, but everyone was in character the whole time which was a bummer. The music was fantastic as usual, but if you've seen most of the episodes of Glee then there's not much point in going since you've heard all the music before. 


After the movie my friend Rachel and I headed over to Panera for dinner. I hadn't eaten a meal there before so I was pretty excited, but I wasn't very hungry. We got there at six and usually I eat dinner around 8, so my stomach wasn't asking for dinner yet. 

I did the "You Pick 2" thing so I could opt for a lighter meal and had a Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken salad along with a bowl of vegetarian black bean soup. 




The salad was okay, but I wasn't too big of a fan of the super-sweet dressing or the pineapple. The soup was good though - comforting and packed with beans. I was bummed that the bread was really hard and almost stale, since it is a bread company. I was expecting better bread! Overall it was okay, but I don't know if I'd go back (and if I did I definitely wouldn't order the same thing.). 


But Rachel brought me homemade cookies which made it all better, heh. I think I know what dessert is going to be! 

Oh yeah, I wanted to show you guys my outfit today:


The shirt is from H&M and the shorts are from Aeropostale.
Here's a closer look: (excuse the writing on the mirror J)



I'm trying to "plan" my outfits for school so that I'm not scrambling to find things in the morning. I love this shirt because it's so versatile and I wear it a ton! 

If you've been to Panera, what would you recommend I order next time? 
Favorite summer fruit from the farmer's market?

No comments:

Post a Comment