Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Done Before the Sun's Up

Good afternoon! Today has been a crazy whirlwind of a day and it's not even over yet.

I somehow managed to get myself out of bed at 5am to go to the gym. I had to be at my school by 9am, and I'm babysitting this afternoon, so the only way that I was going to get my workout in was by going to the gym early.

I went to a BodyPump class - I haven't been to one in over a week because of cross country so I was quite happy to be back. After listening to my muscles scream  for an hour (in a good way!) I did 20 minutes of cardio before calling it a day.

As a post-workout treat for getting up early, I bought a Powerade out of one of the vending machines and it tasted so good. I am convinced that anything cold and refreshing after working out is the best-tasting thing on the planet.
my 'i got up at 5am and can't open my eyes' face, hah
When I left the gym the sun was just rising. There is just something about starting off your day and having your workout done before most people are even awake!

I came home for a quick shower and a breakfast of scrambled eggs, english muffin + laughing cow, and nectarine slices.


drizzled with some of my fav stuff..


Plus a bite of a random banana chocolate chip muffin that was sitting on the counter for 'dessert', cause every meal needs dessert, right?


Then I was off to school for a Link Crew training. Basically Link Crew is a group of upperclassmen that run the new student orientation for all the incoming freshmen, which helps the kids get to know the school and their fellow classmates better. I was a leader last year and had a great time so I signed up again for this year! I have one more day of training tomorrow and then the orientation is on next Monday.

I brought a pack of almonds and  a string cheese to eat for a snack since I knew I wasn't going to be hungry for lunch at 11. Lately I've been eating lunch around 2 or 3, so getting back on a school schedule is going to take some getting used to.


These cinnamon roast almonds were awesome - super cinnamony and slightly sweet.

When I came home I made myself a bean and cheese quesadilla with pintos, cheddar, and salsa. Yum!



We are all out of fresh veggies and I am missing my greens :( I feel like I just bought a bunch of carrots, cucs, and spinach just a few days ago, but I guess I'm more of a veggie monster than I realized.

I'm off to babysit - I am taking the little guy to the pool so it should be a fun time!

How often do you buy fresh produce? I eat a ton of veggies and fruits so I'd say that my family makes 2-3 trips per week to the store. It's a lot but I like mah eats freshh!!

Favorite time to workout: morning, afternoon, or night? I like working out in the morning the best even though I don't like getting up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment