Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Triple Nut Butter

I hope you all are having a fantastic and relaxing weekend! I am trying to squeeze in as much down time as I can today because I am getting completely exhausted already from school and cross country. Last night my eyes were drooping at 8:30 - apparently I am turning into a grandparent already, heh.


Yesterday at practice we did a really hard run that was both fast and long. There is a flat paved trail right near my school and we ran on that 4.7 miles out and then turned around. For the entire way there we kept about 7:20 - 7:30 pace since it was supposed to be fast, and on the way back we tried to keep up that pace for as long as possible. It was TOUGH! 

I only made it about halfway back before my pace was slowing a lot, so I started taking it easy to get back to the school. By the time I was about 1.5 miles away my legs were exhausted, and my mind was having a tough time keeping them going. The main thing that kept me putting one foot in front of the other (besides singing Katy Perry's Firework to myself. best motivational song!) was saying that I still had to get back to my car, one way or another, so walking would just take more time. 


When I got home I made a big cereal bowl that included
  • Kashi Golean
  • Kelloggs All-bran
  • Rice Krispies
  • Chocolate "brownie" treat cereal :)
  • dairy milk for some protein
  • peanut butter
This is the kind of breakfast I end up eating when we are all out of produce! 




After I did some of my anatomy & english homework I went with my family to run some errands. We went to Costco and stocked up on our staples (post coming on that soon, hopefully!) and got lots of strawberries. I want to eat as many as possible before they go out of season cause they're my favorite fruit. I also ate about a million samples there. Best place to go shopping when you're hungry for lunch!



We also made a stop at Target and Office Depot for some school supplies. When I was younger this was pretty much my favorite thing on the planet! I still love it, but not quite as much. Now I prefer food shopping ;) Although nothing beats the feeling of being super organized. 



When we were at Target I also picked up this little gem:


TRIPLE nut butter!!!! Almond, peanut, and cashew. Nut butter lover's heaven! Although I would've preferred there to be more peanut and cashew flavor, this all-natural super drizzly nut butter is pretty darn fantastic. 




I don't think you even need to ask how I tried it first... as soon as I got home a big smear went on a tortilla and a big spoonful went straight to my mouth. Heaven. 

We also went to church last night (there is a Saturday 5:00 service at my church) so that I could sleep in this morning. I have seriously been lacking in the sleep department so sleeping in until 9 today was a gift! 

After I got up I went to the gym to do some light lifting. I can't lift as heavy and often as I was this summer with cross country season starting, because it's too much stress on my body. I'm exhausted after practice and lifting heavy would just tire me too much. But I don't want to lose all this muscle that I built up over the summer! So my goal is to go twice a week to the gym to lift - one day during the week after an easy run day, and on Sundays. 

When I came home I made a big bowl of voluminous oats with flax and chia, and topped it with an outrageous amount of my new triple nut butter, and some strawbs. 



 I promise you there's nut butter in there!


There it all is... :)


Today I'm going to finish up my homework, hang out with some friends, and hopefully either go to the movies or get a pedicure. Enjoy your Sundays, my lovelies! 

What was your favorite part of going back to school as a little kid? School supplies and friends. Enough said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment