Enter: delicious nutty oatmeal cookies! These solved all my problems and the house is filled with a cinnamony mouthwatering smell.
Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Cookies
makes a little over 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 c oats
- 3/4 c chopped walnuts (90g)
- 1/2 c raisins (you can use more if you like super-raisiny cookies!)
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in oats, walnuts and raisins. Scoop batter onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
The dough tasted like heaven. I still eat cookie dough and cake/brownie batter even when there's eggs in it. It's just too good to pass up so I'm willing to take the risk :)
While I was baking I was reading this book:
Let's just say that it's not the most interesting. Which would you rather occupy yourself with??
I think that cinnamon baked goods have the best aroma ever, hands down.
I had two fresh out of the oven with almond milk for a snack.
These were perfectly chewy, flavorful, and there were chunks of nuts or raisins in every bite!
And now we have a bunch of these delicious cookies sitting around. I wonder how long they're going to last...