Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cheeseburger Casserole

Today's lunch was a delicious veggie pasta bowl. I love bulking up pasta with yummy veggies and extra sauce because it keeps me full for a lot longer.

This bowl included:
  • pasta
  • zucchini
  • mushrooms
  • grilled chicken
  • mushroom & olive pasta sauce
  • asiago cheese


A fresh nectarine was enjoyed for dessert (along with a few chocolate coconut jelly beans!)



After doing a little shopping with my mom (she is looking for a few new outfits since she goes back to work on Wednesday) and snacking on a protein bar & berries, I came home and starting searching for dinner recipes.

I wanted an easy recipe and eventually settled on a cheeseburger pie of sorts. I fused together a few recipes I found out there on the internet and came up with my own.

Cheeseburger Casserole
serves 4-6 (or 3 super hungry people :))


You will need:
  • 1 c Bisquick baking mix (or another plain pancake/waffle mix)
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1/4 c egg substitute (or 1 egg)
  • 3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, divided (about 3/4 cup)
  • 1 lb lean ground turkey
  • 1/4 c ketchup
  • 1/4 c spicy brown mustard
  • 4 oz (~1/2 can) tomato sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Cook turkey until brown and drain. Mix in ketchup, mustard, tomato sauce, and salt and pepper. 
  2. Pour turkey mixture into a greased casserole dish. 
  3. Mix Bisquick, water, egg, and half of the cheddar together. Pour over meat mixture. 
  4. Sprinkle the dish with the remaining cheddar and bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. 






 Demolished.


This dish was fantastic! My family devoured it and I loved it. The top was fluffy and thick and the cheeseburger flavors were all there. This is definitely some yummy comfort food.

After dinner I hung out with some friends for awhile before retiring to the couch to watch the Switched at Birth season finale with a bowl of froyo.

Topped with chocolate syrup, toffee bits, and cookie crumbles. YuM!


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment