Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Awesome Headphones

Good afternoon!

I started my morning with another one of my cross country team's Tuesday track workouts. Each week we run 12 laps (3 miles) at a constant pace and hopefully as the weeks go by we will be able to run longer and faster! Today we were running 54-second 200s which is 7:12 mile pace.

These workouts are really tough for me but I know that pushing myself will make me a faster runner. After I went on a cooldown run I headed to the gym for a swim.

When I got there I realized that there was an aqua class going on (aka there is only 1 lane open in the pool which was occupied of course) so I hopped on the elliptical and stairclimber for a bit instead of swimming. Hopefully I will squeeze in a swim sometime soon!

Post-workout breakfast was... you guessed it. Maybe I should just stop posting about these smoothies and let you guys assume that I'm eating them like twice a day? Good plan. Cause I seriously have eaten so many of these it's ridiculous!

Served up in my fancy-shmancy old Disneyland glass 


Just look at that creaminess!


 I've gotten a few questions about the exact recipe for this smoothie - it's actually not the one for the chocolate peanut butter protein frosty on my recipe page. The recipe is in this post at the bottom of the page, but I thought I'd retype it here so it's easier to find.

Chocolate Protein Smoothie
serves 1


Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • 1-2 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • ice (I use about 1 1/2 c, but use less if you want a thinner shake)

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend away!

Today's breakfast also included some of this dessert cereal. It was out on the counter since my brother Jay had been eating it and I couldn't resist!



An awesome package also arrived in the mail today!! I ordered some headphones (not to be confused with earphones) for listening to music while I'm at home and the sound is unbelievable.



I am one happy girl - these are amazing and they cost me less than $20. I can only imagine how good the sound quality is in those super fancy headphones that are like a hundred bucks!

In fact, the sound quality on these headphones is so good that it resulted in me being scared out of my mind a few minutes ago. I was listening to my music and blogging away but apparently my mom was yelling my name and I couldn't hear her at all. She got my brother downstairs and they crept up behind me (even with our loud floorboards!) and scared the crap out of me. They definitely got a good kick out of that one!!!

Do you own headphones or do you just use the ones that come with your iPod? I never realized how much I was missing out on in the sound quality department until I started using these new headphones today!

No comments:

Post a Comment