After fighting a mental battle to kick negative thoughts out of my head this morning, I did a few things today that always make me feel better.
1. I ate a nutritious breakfast. I had a double chocolate protein smoothie (well, my normal recipe, just in two cups cause it made so much!) that was packed with spinach and made me feel much more energized.
2. I put on a cute outfit. Whenever I'm having a down day, putting something cute on and feeling good about what I'm wearing always picks me back up.
Today I wore my new shirt that I got yesterday at Forever 21.
Here's the shirt pattern up close:
3. Blog! That was easy ;) But seriously, blogging is such a great outlet for me and I've "met" so many amazing people in just the few months that I've been blogging.
4. I did something nice for someone else. Every time this makes me feel SO much better, no matter how bad a day I'm having.
Today this was as simple as doing my mom a favor and putting new music on her iPod. She doesn't update it too often herself so she always loves it when either I or my brother puts new music on.
5. Have a dance part-ayy!! I love to dance (although I don't think I'm the greatest.... heh) so blasting some of that music and dancing away instantly made me feel 100% better.
6. Just chill. I plopped myself on the couch and read a magazine. I <3 relaxing.
What is your favorite thing to do to "cure" a bad day?