Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My First WIAW!

I've finally jumped on the WIAW bandwagon!!


Peas and Crayons
WIAW

Today started out with a peanut butter tortilla:


Then I ran 7ish miles with my cross country team, hit up the gym for some weights, and came home to a chocolate smoothie for breakfast.




I also devoured a bunch of nectarine slices before I could snap a photo... this is all that was left ;)


I had plans to meet a few friends at the park for a picnic of sorts this afternoon and decided to make chocolate cookies to bring. Except I used unsweetened chocolate instead of semisweet - blech! I started over but then the 'dough' was way too runny so I decided to bake them in a brownie pan.





i am the batter taste tester.... ;)
The result was actually really good. I followed this recipe except only made half and subbed in white chocolate chips for the regular ones. Then I baked it in a 8x8 pan at 350 for 20 minutes, which was perfect.


While my brownies were baking I made myself a sandwich on an english muffin with herb roasted turkey breast, sharp cheddar, ripe avocado, and ranch. This combo was awesome! Usually I don't put both cheese and avocado on sandwiches since they're both rich, but I've definitely been missing out.



I also snacked on some carrots while I was waiting... and then the brownies were done! Finally. I couldn't wait for them to cool so I snagged a few edges while they were still hot and they were delicious. Chewy warm chocolatey goodness.





Headed over to the park and caught up with a few friends that I haven't seen for quite awhile this summer. It was such a nice night! I had some salad, bread (x2), and pasta (x2), plus an unpictured cookie and brownie.


When I got home I was craving something cold and creamy so I satisfied my mind and tummy with a mini bowl of froyo + brownie crumble. I didn't end up eating all of it because once I started eating I felt a little sugared out from today.


Tomorrow I have training for Link Crew at my school, which is a group of upperclassmen that help the incoming freshmen transition from middle school to high school. Last year I did it and had a lot of fun so I'm pretty pumped for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment