Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mother Daughter Day

Hello my lovelies! I hope you all had fantastic weekends (:

Today was another great day - on the schedule for our 4-day "daycations" was a mommy/daughter day. My brother and dad headed into the city again to see the Giants baseball game while my mom and I had a day to ourselves.


I snacked on a peanut butter tortilla and some fresh watermelon after I got up. We slept in nice and late and then my mom wanted to go to the gym, so I went with her. I did some cardio (check out my fitness log on my fitness page for deets!) and then we showered at the gym so we could get a jumpstart on our day. 

I packed my lunch before we left for the gym and ended up eating it right after we left the gym instead of the protein bar I had brought for breakfast. 



Simple spinach/romaine salad, peach, and turkey/avocado sandwich. Delish!



Then we hit up the mall and found quite a few cute things! First we stopped in Macy's for some returns and then we headed over to H&M since I had a giftcard I wanted to use there. 

I found a really cute dress, a belt, a pair of shorts, and a headband for under $60 - score! I was spending my own money so I was quite happy with how much I got for good prices. 




Here's some close-ups of the shorts and belt




And here's the dress! I love that the print is a bunch of cute little bows!!




I am really happy with what I got since there are a lot of things that will match the shorts and the belt goes with a lot of clothes I already have. 

While we were out I snacked on some almonds and then we went and got manicures! I have never gotten a manicure before, only a pedicure, so this was a special treat. 

The nail polish I picked was an OPI Katy Perry Sparkle (according to the lady in the salon) and I loved it. 



The multicolored sparkles are awesome! I'm hoping I'm not messing up the manicure as I'm typing :) 

I was a hungry bear when we came home so I whipped up an awesome protein shake. I got the consistency perfect this time (sometimes it doesn't turn out quite right) and it was super creamy. 



In the mix:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • spinach
  • scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • cocoa powder
  • ice
  • vanilla almond milk
I'm currently snacking on a peanut butter tortilla to curb off my hunger til dinner. I think we are going somewhere special as a family to take the convertible out for its last drive since we're returning it tomorrow. 

Have an great night!! 



1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this post! This protein shake looks pretty delicious! The clothes look fantastic on you and hey, I loved the nailpolish! So chic!! So is the belt and the shorts.

    ReplyDelete