Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chocolate Protein Frosty



This morning's cross country practice included a 1 mile warmup, a 3-mile continous tempo at 7 minute pace, and a 1 mile cooldown. It was definitely tough during the tempo but it just shows that there's a lot of room to improve!

After cooling down I drove over to the gym for a swim. I got in the pool right after an aqua class and had to share a lane with someone. Now, here's the big question for the day: is there such thing as pool etiquette or courtesy??


In all my experience with swimming at the gym you always ask if you can share a lane with someone - you don't just pop right in and start swimming. Most of the time the person you ask will say yes (like today) but ocasionally there will be someone who wants a lane to themselves.

When a lane opened up next to me after I had been sharing with a man for awhile,  I switched over so we could have our own lanes. When I was a few laps in to the new lane, a woman just came over and got in the pool next to me. I paused to see if she was going to ask to share, but she just started swimming right away. I was a little annoyed that she didn't ask and was wondering if it was because she didn't know you were supposed to ask, or if she didn't ask because she knew I was young and thought I wouldn't care. What do you guys think??

In the end, my swim workout looked like this:

  • 2 laps warmup
  • 2 x 10 laps (each lap at approximately 1:05 pace)
  • 2 laps cooldown
Total distance: 600 yds

I came home and made another dessert-worthy breakfast. This shake reminded me of a Wendy's Frosty, which is most definitely my top fast food pick. I haven't had a Frosty in years and this healthified version definitely came pretty close! 

Frosty Chocolate Protein Shake
serves 1 
  • 1/3-2/3 cup milk (or almond milk, I used half chocolate almond and half nonfat dairy)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp protein powder
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • ice
Blend all until it reaches desired consistency and enjoy! I put in 1/3 cup of milk in the beginning and then slowly added in the other ~1/3 cup as I was blending to get mine to the right consistency. 




A spoon was needed to slurp up this chocolatey goodness!

What is your experience with pool "courtesy"?


No comments:

Post a Comment