Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

AMAZING day in the city!!!!

Hello all! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend.

I kicked off my day with a spinning class and then headed over to the rental car place with my mom to pick up something special for our day... a CONVERTIBLE!!! My mom surprised us with a 2-day rental since we are having a 4-day weekend "daycation" where we do something special each day. Today's trip was into San Francisco!

check out this baby:




We stopped at home to shower, eat breakfast (egg scramble + potato/pepper + strawbs) and pick up my dad & brother.




Then we were off!


This... soon turned into this. It was SO much fun!!




We drove across the Bay Bridge into the city, through the city, and over the Golden Gate to Sausalito.


We stopped in our favorite candy store there and picked up some yummy treats.

Check out this view in Sausalito!! I have many memories of sitting on those rocks with the family enjoying lunch.


 random biker in the background...



We then drove back into the city and drove down Lombard Street. It was gorgeous!! 



Here's a video I took when we were driving down.  


After we drove down Lombard we drove to the Ferry Building and had lunch there. Every time we take a trip into the city we go to the same two places in the Ferry Building - Acme Bread Company and the Golden Gate Meat Company. There is nothing like a plain fresh bread and turkey sandwich!!!





I've been to the city many times before but this trip was incredible. Just driving around in the convertible and the top down was an unforgettable experience! The car also had a subwoofer so we were blasting music and having crazy dance parties in the car. It. Was. Freaking. Awesome. And there's nothing like the clear views of the city and the wind in your face!!

This day was definitely one of my favorites this summer. It is such a blessing to be able to do fun things like this with my family and I am one happy camper right now!!

Enjoy your Saturday nights, my lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds SO fun! The food looks amazing and I love the convertible shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds SO fun! The food looks amazing and I love the convertible shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun!!! I wish I could go with you.

    ReplyDelete