Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza

I made a stop in Whole Foods today to pick up some more chia seeds - I have fallen in love with them even though I only got 2 tablespoons' worth last time! This time I made sure to pick up some more. While my mom and I were there we munched on some samples that they had out - strawberry cake, chips n salsa, and a tomato and mozzarella pizza. We almost bought a few pieces of the pizza because it was so delicious but then I realized I could easily recreate it at home, so that's what I did!

Fresh mozza and pizza dough from WF:



Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza
makes one medium sized pizza - 8 slices
Ingredients:

  • Premade pizza dough
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup asiago cheese
  • 2 T parmesan cheese
  • fresh tomato slices
  • 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
  • fresh basil
Directions:
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Roll out the pizza dough and brush it with olive oil. Top with asiago and parmesan cheeses, then layer with tomato slices and mozzarella slices. Chop basil and sprinkle on top. Bake for 7-8 minutes on a pizza stone (will take longer if you bake it on a pan). 

This pizza was delicious and almost exactly like the WF version!


I rolled out the pizza dough which was a lot of work - it took me about 20 minutes to finally get it to a semi-decent pizza size!


Topped with all the ingredients (I left the tomatos off of half because my brother Jay doesn't like them):


And baked! Jay and I had a little trouble sliding the pizza into the oven so it was a little lopsided and squished when it came out. But still tasted delicious! The rest of the fam loved it.



I had two slices for dinner with a bowl of steamed broccoli w/ fresh mozza and parm.



This had so much flavor from all the fresh ingredients and I will definitely be making this again soon!

Dessert was a yummy fudge ice cream bar:


The rest of today's eats were pretty snack-tastic! I didn't eat a meal at midday, just had smaller snacks throughout the day to keep my energy up.





and soy crisps with fresh salsa - surprisingly delicious!



Today I also set up a twitter account - the whole Twitter thing is a little overwhelming at first but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. If you have a twitter account follow me for updates from the blog! I also did some homemade craft work. I wanted to make a picture board to tuck pictures in and it was a success! I survived with only a paper cut and the result was a gorgeous board that I can't wait to hang up.


I'm off to watch Switched at Birth - seeya in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment