Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The iPod Shuffle

Good afternoon!! I hope you all are enjoying your weekends :)

The past few days have been awesome. I have just been hanging out with friends, driving around, doing crazy stuff (like booing people in July - have you guys ever heard of it?) and enjoying summer. I can't believe it's almost August!

After eating lots of candy and cookies the past few days I really looked forward to getting up this morning and eating a nutritious breakfast. Even though I enjoy indulging my body really likes it a lot better when I eat healthier food!

Before I had breakfast I went on a nice 4 mile run. This morning I slept in instead of going to cross country practice so I was a little nervous about it being hot when I set out, but it wasn't too bad. I love running in my area because there are so many people out there running, walking, and cycling in the mornings so I get to wave and smile at people all the time. And smiling at random people makes me happy!

I have been running and working out with my new iPod shuffle the past few days and I really like it. It is so light that I don't feel it at all while running, and the clip on it is awesome for working out (I almost think it wouldn't be worth it without the clip!!). I am planning on updating my music a lot so that I don't get bored of it, since the shuffle only holds 2GB.



Breakfast included two of my biggest addictions - peanut butter tortillas and chocolate protein shakes. I seriously cannot get enough of either of these two things!!





My protein shake included the usual frozen banana, cocoa powder, vanilla protein powder, spinach, almond milk, and ice. It always turns out so creamy and chocolatey - I think that's why I'm so in love with them! Plus each shake packs 18g protein and lots of vitamins.



After showering I put on another new dress I got at H&M. I loved the one I got  last time so yesterday I picked another one up - same style, just different colors and pattern! 


jay unintentionally photobombing........

I have recently started wearing dresses and skirts a lot more since they're super comfy and flattering. And this dress was only $18 - talk about a good deal! 

Then I got baking in the kitchen for a family barbecue I'm going to later this evening. I made my Chocolate Chip (Oatmeal) Cookies but added almonds and toffee bits in addition to the chocolate. Let's just say that I had a hard time keeping my spoon out of the cookie dough. 



Or the broken cookies, for that matter!





Perfectly chewy yet doughy and flavorful. Mmm. 

I actually am getting a little sugared out, though! The past few days have been way more sugar-filled than usual so I'm fairly sure that the rest of today will be sugar-free and nutritious :) 

I better get going 'cause there's a mound of dishes in the sink and I'm meeting a friend at the movies in 45 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment