Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sugar, Sugar

Happy it'salmostfriday Thursday!!

There's just something about Fridays that are special even in the summer. I always look forward to them!

This morning I headed over to cross country practice and ran a little under 5 miles. My legs had that 'filled with lead' kinda feeling so I took it slow and ran a shorter route than I was planning on. Then I hit the gym for some light weights so I could chat with my mama!

I love all the time that I get to spend with my mom when we are working out. We have so much in common (foodie alert!) and have similar senses of humor. She is definitely my best friend and I am so blessed to have such a good relationship with her!

We completed 3 reps on 10 different machines while talking about plans for our day.

Breakfast today was another not-so-pretty one but a fantastic one!

I made an egg scramble with zucchini, mushrooms, and cheese and served it up with a piece of nutty/seedy toast.


I absolutely love this bread! It is just a Safeway brand but it is so chewy, nutty, and chock-full of flavor.

I packed lunch for the car ride to the outlets!! Since my mom goes back to work in a few days we wanted to take advantage of the last few free days. This trip was mainly to find her some new clothes for work and we had a few successes.

Lunch included a string cheese, strawberries, a turkey sandwich, and carrots with hummus.




We also enjoyed some treats along the way. Stop one was the Jelly Belly outlet! We tasted some new flavors, including the new chocolate covered beans. At first I thought that they would be absolutely disgusting but they were awesome! I tried the mint and coconut flavors and the mint one reminded me of a chewier York mint patty.

We ended up buying some of the chocolate coconut ones and they are fantastic. We had to put them in the freezer when we got home so we wouldn't completely ruin our dinner, lol :)


We also stopped in this really fancy bakery to gaze at the treats and ended up buying a couple of cookies! The cake samples we tried while we were there went unphotographed but the lemon chiffon cake was unbelievable.

We tried a toffee almond praline cookie and an oatmeal raisin. I didn't like the toffee cookie at all because it tasted way too sugary to me with not enough nutty flavor, but the oatmeal cookie was delicious!

oatmeal raisin

my taste of the toffee almond
I'm definitely feelin' the sugar right now, though. A little too much was included in all of our snacks and now I'm feeling lethargic and sleepy. I think a nutritious dinner is in order!

Chocolate jelly beans: yay or nay?



No comments:

Post a Comment