Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Maui Recap #1

I am still totally off of California time! I woke up this morning at 11 after not being able to fall asleep until after 2am. I actually don't like sleeping in that late just because it makes me feel like I've lost half of my day already. I love to sleep, don't get me wrong! But if I sleep in too late the rest of my day feels rushed.

After hitting the gym for a good hour, I came home and made lunch! I made a salad with one of my leftover Bacon Cheddar Burgers and it was smashin'! I love using leftovers to create a new meal, different from the original one. My salad included:

  • romaine lettuce
  • carrots
  • cucumbers
  • mushrooms
  • chickpeas
  • burger
  • avocado
  • shredded mexican 2% cheese
  • ketchup!


I originally was going to go in a more Mexican direction (hence the avocado) but then decided to make it half Mexican half American because I really like ketchup with these burgers. It was a really good choice! The burger was, dare I say it?, better the second day, in my opinion. The delicious smoky flavor of the barbecue combined with the creamy avocado was fantastic!  Next time I make these I might put avocado slices and cooked mushrooms on top of the burger - I have a feeling that would be a winning combination. 

With fresh watermelon for dessert (mmmmmm!!)


Maui
Now, onto the fun part of this post! 
The first day we got to Maui we were pretty exhausted from the plane flight, so we just walked around and explored the resort we were staying at. 


 
Our room wasn't ready when we got there, so we hopped into the pool for a bit to relax.

The pool was ginormous and so much fun! If I was a little kid this would've been like my paradise (even at my age I was in heaven!!). 

Then we took some pictures at the beach and until our room was ready (excuse my crazy pool hair ;))


When our room was ready I immediately went to the bedroom and was delighted to find the poofiest, comfiest, and softest bed EVER! One of the highlights of the vacation was definitely getting to sleep in this baby every night. 

 
Next stop was the balcony - the view was gorgeous! We actually got to our room in perfect timing since the sun was just setting. It was such a beautiful sight and we ended up watching the sunset every night because it was so stunning. 



After a quick dinner we hit the sack because we were all exhausted. 
Stay tuned for recap #2!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment