Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

How Important is Stretching?

Happy Friday!!! I'm really excited for this weekend because my family has a few really fun things planned that I can't wait to share with you!

Since I'm going to be missing my usual BodyPump class on Monday due to our fun weekend, I decided to take a class today. This is my first time taking three classes in a week (M, W, F) but I'm proud of myself for doing it! I took the weights a little lighter today since I wasn't sure how my body was going to react to three classes, but overall the class was great. I seriously cannot explain how awesome BodyPump is - and the music on the latest release always gets me to eek out that last rep.

Usually once we finished the last track in class the teacher leads us through some stretching. What shocks me is how many people start packing up and leaving, skipping the stretching completely.

Now, I am not your perfect athlete and sometimes forget to stretch after runs or workouts, but I think that stretching after weight lifting is especially crucial to preventing injury. I am working on stretching more often, but I feel like telling the people leaving BodyPump that the five minutes that you save by not stretching are not worth it!


Breakfast this morning was a yummy cereal bowl. Usually cereal doesn't fill me up, so I always add lots of fruit to keep me full for longer than an hour.




Included in this morning's bowl:

  • 1/2 c Kashi GoLean
  • 1/2 c All Bran
  • 1/4 cup Honey Bunches of Oats
  • 1/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
  • strawberries
  • unsweetened vanilla almond milk
I picked up some of this almond milk at the store yesterday and I am in love! It's perfectly creamy and much more flavorful than dairy milk. I think half of the carton is gone already! 



Do you think that stretching is crucial when working out?

2 comments:

  1. I love almond breeze too! I always get huge 6 packs of them at Costco and definitely go through them fast:P

    I agree, stretchy is definitely important but I have to admit that sometimes I don't stretch after a workout! I really should

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love almond breeze! :D

    I think stretching is really important! I'm taking gym over the summer and although we stretch i can tell I need more!

    ReplyDelete