Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Day in the Life

Today was quite the adventure! It was not my average day but quite a fun one :)

Started the morning off with an 8-mile run with my friend Melissa. We chatted lots and the time absolutely flew by!

I followed up my workout with a yummy dessert-like breakfast. My perfect dessert would definitely include some sort of peanut butter baked good and ice cream, so this morning's breakfast was a healthy take. I had a tortilla smeared with pb and a bowl of defrosted frozen berries with a cup of creamy Greek yogurt.


This reminded me of a peanut butter cookie and a berry sundae!!


Gorgeous juices = delicious naturally sweet goodness.


My mom and I took a trip to the farmer's market after I showered up and came home with some yummy produce. We got plums, yellow peaches, white nectarines, and (free!) summer squash.


I immediately made myself a plate of a bit of everything except for the sqaush. So perfectly juicy, crunchy, and sweet. I <3 summer fruit.



Then my friend Rachel (hi, Rachel!!!) picked me up to go to a seminar called SHARP (Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention). We learned all kinds of good-to-know facts and lots of self defense moves. It was a lot of fun trying out all the moves because they looked like you needed a lot of strength to perform them but they really weren't that difficult! I definitely came away with some new info and ways to get out of a sticky situation.

I originally packed a protein bar to eat there, but didn't get the chance.


But, Rachel made my day and brought me goodies!!! Protein powder and peanut butter puffs. Clearly she knows the way to my heart :)


I knew I wanted to try the protein powder right away so I made a yummy shake when I got home cause I was starvin'!

In the blender went:

  • 1 banana
  • ~1/3-1/2 cup milk
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • protein powder
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • ice


Overflowing goodness :)


The consistency was definitely close to that of a milkshake and I loved it! Thanks, Rachel! 

Tonight is a girls' night in and my mom and I are planning on watching a romantic comedy <3 and baking up a new frozen pizza to try. Definitely my kinda night! 

What is your favorite produce/food to get at the farmer's market?
Any favorite protein shake combos?

1 comment:

  1. i totally thought that was ice cream with your breakfast. The greek yogurt looks like a scoop of vanilla!
    Right now I'm loving fresh strawberries and corn on the cob from the farmers market. I never ever ever ever leave without eggplant though. It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete