Today's breakfast was inspired by Julie's morning post which included a bowl of delicious looking chocolate peanut butter oatmeal. I couldn't get it out of my head so I made my own spin on it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (regular will work too)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder (up this to 1 T if you're not using chocolate milk)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice - I used brown sugar
- 1 T natural peanut butter
Mix together oats, milk, water, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and sugar in a microwaveable bowl. Let sit for 10-20 minutes (overnight would work as well) to let thicken to desired thickness. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and let sit for 5 more minutes. Microwave for 1 more minute, stir, and top with peanut butter. Enjoy!
This was basically a chocolate-pb lover heaven. I was most definitely in heaven! I loved how much volume was in this bowl and how uber chocolatey it was. Not to mention the melty peanut butter oozing everywhere. Mmm.