Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Salad x2

Today's lunch and dinner both included delicious salads. After I showered and cleaned up from running and biking, I made a simple caesar salad and spinach and mozzarella ravioli for lunch. I <3 Italian food!



I drizzled the ravioli with a little bit of olive oil and topped it with the herbed cheese packet that comes with the ravioli.

My mom and I then went out to look for new drapes for our sliding glass door - exciting, right? Just kidding :) We really do need new ones because of the glare the sun causes on the TV in the family room through the door. We didn't end up finding drapes but while we were in the JC Penney home store, I spotted super cute bowls for only $1.97 each! Score!!



The second bowl looks the exact same, it was just in the dishwasher when I was snappin' photos.

Dinner tonight was a second salad that included an Amylu's chicken and caramelized onion burger. Also included in the salad were carrots, mushrooms, pinto beans, asiago cheese, avocado, and my favorite sesame ginger dressing - it was a really good combination!



I had my salad while we were waiting for the potatoes to roast in the oven. I just washed and sliced the potatoes, placed them on a spraying baking sheet, and seasoned them with salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning. Then bake at 400 for 30 minutes and they're perfect! I actually think I prefer my homemade roasted potatoes to real french fries because they are much more filling and healthy, while they still taste great.



After dinner I whipped up an angel food cake (with a boxed mix) so my mom and I could have that with fresh strawberries for dessert. It turned out beautifully... until I got too impatient to wait for it too cool and took it out of the pan when it was hot. It lost a little volume and some chunks came out in the process, but since we only made it for ourselves I didn't really care :)

Beautiful cake:


Mangled cake:


It still was the perfect dessert - I served my piece with fresh strawberries and a small squirt of whipped cream.


I'm off to watch some TV and then hit the sack - I'm exhausted!! Hallelujah for sleeping in tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment