Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats

This morning's breakfast was a reeeally good one. But first, last night's dinner!

I had to mention this one because it was so yummy and filling (and simple!). I made a pasta bowl with leftover cooked pasta, shredded zucchini, mushroom pasta sauce, and asiago cheese.


Not the prettiest bowl, but definitely tasty. The zucchini definitely made this bowl better, because the texture was just like spaghetti. I always love packin' some greens into my pasta bowls. 


After a run with my cross country team (not sure how long it was? MapMyRun here I come!) I popped over the gym for BodyPump. I'm loving the new release a lot!! I even upped my squats and lunges weight and was definitely feeling it.

Came home to a ready-to-eat chocolatey bowl of healthy deliciousness that I will definitely be repeating soon!

Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
makes 1 serving

  • 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup chocolate almond milk
  • 1/3 cup nonfat milk (you could do all almond milk if you like)
  • >1 T chia seeds
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • ~1/2 cup diced strawberries
Mix up all ingredients and place in the fridge overnight. Enjoy!

I topped mine with a dollop of pb (cause I do that with everything  J)




This bowl was super thick and chocolatey - just what I was craving after a hard workout. 

What is your favorite overnight oats combo?

1 comment:

  1. I like the Greek yogurt addition. Greek yogurt is one of my favorite ingredients in a recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete