Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bacon Cheddar Burgers

Last night's dinner was deeelicious! I started craving a burger when I read the article in Cooking Light about burger toppings. So I looked up a few recipes and fused them together to create my own fantastic burger!

Bacon Cheddar Burgers
makes 6 burgers

Ingredients:
  • ~ 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef (93/7)
  • 2 slices bacon
  • 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 T spicy brown mustard
  • 1/2 tsp ranch spices (I used Hidden Valley, you could substitute different spices for this if you don't have it)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions:
  1. Cook bacon on the stove to desired done-ness and remove and place on paper towels to drain. 
  2. Place garlic, mustard, and spices in a small bowl and mix well to combine. 
  3. Place beef into a medium sized bowl and add the spice/mustard mix, and mix well until it is incorporated. 
  4. Slice bacon into small pieces. Add bacon and cheese to beef mixture and mix well until everything is fully incorporated. 
  5. Shape into 6 4-oz patties and grill however you like! 




 I used this brand of mustard:
They were delicious!!


I served mine with some corn on the cob (with butter, freshly ground pepper, and parmesan) and a fresh salad.


This was the perfect summer meal!! Enjoy! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. Now I want hamburgers. Well, a bean burger sounds good, but I already had one today..... Oh well. That's why there's YOUR recipes that I can have. :) I LOVE YOU JULIANNA! :D

    ReplyDelete